Friday, April 15, 2011

TODAY


Today I have awakened to the call of serenity
I wondered how long and loud had the call been
before I focused on its sound.
It was peaceful yet troubling for I knew
that in me was there had been much turmoil.

All my life I had many, many expectations of life
of people and especially of the world.
I found that in all of this waiting
I had failed to nourish my spirit guide.

Always asking,
always waiting to received but never really giving.
Never taking the time to plow a firm ground to stand that never flourished.

I waited patiently for my name to be heard
but I knew that all that was heard back was my very own echo.
I could not understand,
neither wanted to nor did I care to understand why life was so very harsh.
I felt lost, cold and hungry.

Then one day in the middle of the night
I heard my name whispered softly into my ear.
I did not open my eyes.
I just waited to hear more.
In my heart I felt a wonderful warmth
one that was never given to me before.
It made me feel happy and rendered me,
with complete and unconditional love for me,for all.
When I opened my eyes I saw before me, my guide.
Beautiful grounded and full of sweet essence.
She stared at me with kind eyes strong and confident.
I was led back into my zen.

I know that that God has given me a sign of unconditional love
In my heart I have changed.

Today I have awoken to the peaceful call of serenity
with the knowledge that order to receive I too have to give,
plow and then, only then, will my garden flourish.

To reach the life before me,
I have to give life, to the life I live.

Redsirens

No comments: