Friday, November 8, 2013

Reading

Life has taught me that I am, what I have learned. as the years have gone by, the essence of my spirit has matured and the choices I have made, have made me a little wiser. I used to get so sad about the problems of the world. When ever I saw the news I would weep for the children. for the mothers, the fathers the cousins the uncles. I would weep for the world. Within my sadness I always found my way back to the pages of the books that lined my apartment walls. I never thought of continuing my education, I always felt a lack of desire for being near so many people. The thought of having to sit in class full of people frighten me and made my anxiety reach a boiling point. so it was for that same reason that I made sure that I owned books. I knew that this would be a way of exploring the world and receiving the answers I lacked. Today I wonder what life would be if I didn't have the opportunity to own books. What state of consciousness would I be in. I thank God that I have the freedom and the resources to own a piece of education. I thank all of the many authors that have touch the so many lives with their words. So often I was changed by the beauty of their words, Books shinned light into the darkest moments and shimmered knowledge into my world. Books. How beautiful!

No comments: